Monday, April 15, 2024
HomeLife StyleChild Accident Prevention Tips: 4 kids burnt to death due to fire...

Child Accident Prevention Tips: 4 kids burnt to death due to fire caused by mobile phone charger; Here’s how parents can prevent such accidents at home | – Times of India

In an unfortunate incident, 4 kids have died due to a short-circuit caused by to mobile phone charger fire. The incident happened in UP’s Meerut last week. As per reports, the kids were sleeping when the accident happened. The parents, who rushed into the room to save the kids, have sustained burning injuries; they are currently being treated at Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
“Victims were rushed to LLRM Medical Hospital, where two of the children succumbed around 9.30pm on March 23.The third child died early on Sunday (March 24) while being shifted to another medical centre. Sarika passed away a few hours later. Johnny, a daily wage labourer, is recovering,” SP Ayush Vikram Singh told the media.
The dependency on mobile phones is undeniable. There’s a need to keep it charged all the time and most people find night time to be the most convenient time to charge the mobile phone. In today’s digital age, mobile phones have become an indispensable part of our lives, but along with their convenience comes the risk of fire accidents, particularly when it comes to charging. A faulty charger or improper charging habits can lead to hazardous situations. Parents must take proactive steps to ensure the safety of their homes and their families.

Here’s how parents can ensure safety at home:

Avoid charging devices in confined spaces or areas with flammable materials. Opt for well-ventilated areas with sufficient airflow to dissipate heat generated during charging.

Cultivating open communication in kids

Make it a habit to unplug chargers from power outlets when not in use, especially overnight or when leaving the house. This helps prevent overheating and reduces the risk of electrical fires.
Overcharging batteries can lead to overheating and pose a fire risk. Encourage family members, especially children, to unplug their devices once they are fully charged to prevent overcharging.
Always use chargers that are certified by recognized safety organizations such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL), CE (Conformité Européenne), or FCC (Federal Communications Commission). Certified chargers undergo rigorous testing to ensure they meet safety standards.
Be wary of counterfeit chargers, which may not meet safety standards and can pose a significant fire risk. Purchase chargers from reputable retailers or directly from the manufacturer to minimize the risk of buying counterfeit products.

Educate other family members, especially kids

Teach children and other family members about the importance of charger safety. Emphasize the risks associated with mishandling chargers and the proper precautions to take to prevent accidents.
When replacing old chargers, dispose of them properly according to local regulations. Avoid throwing them in the trash where they can pose environmental and safety hazards.

!(function(f, b, e, v, n, t, s) {
function loadFBEvents(isFBCampaignActive) {
if (!isFBCampaignActive) {
return;
}
(function(f, b, e, v, n, t, s) {
if (f.fbq) return;
n = f.fbq = function() {
n.callMethod ? n.callMethod(…arguments) : n.queue.push(arguments);
};
if (!f._fbq) f._fbq = n;
n.push = n;
n.loaded = !0;
n.version = ‘2.0’;
n.queue = [];
t = b.createElement(e);
t.async = !0;
t.defer = !0;
t.src = v;
s = b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t, s);
})(f, b, e, ‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’, n, t, s);
fbq(‘init’, ‘593671331875494’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘PageView’);
};

function loadGtagEvents(isGoogleCampaignActive) {
if (!isGoogleCampaignActive) {
return;
}
var id = document.getElementById(‘toi-plus-google-campaign’);
if (id) {
return;
}
(function(f, b, e, v, n, t, s) {
t = b.createElement(e);
t.async = !0;
t.defer = !0;
t.src = v;
t.id = ‘toi-plus-google-campaign’;
s = b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t, s);
})(f, b, e, ‘https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=AW-877820074’, n, t, s);
};

function loadSurvicateJs(allowedSurvicateSections = []){
const section = window.location.pathname.split(‘/’)[1]
const isHomePageAllowed = window.location.pathname === ‘/’ && allowedSurvicateSections.includes(‘homepage’)

if(allowedSurvicateSections.includes(section) || isHomePageAllowed){
(function(w) {
var s = document.createElement(‘script’);
s.src=”https://survey.survicate.com/workspaces/0be6ae9845d14a7c8ff08a7a00bd9b21/web_surveys.js”;
s.async = true;
var e = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0];
e.parentNode.insertBefore(s, e);
})(window);
}

}

window.TimesApps = window.TimesApps || {};
var TimesApps = window.TimesApps;
TimesApps.toiPlusEvents = function(config) {
var isConfigAvailable = “toiplus_site_settings” in f && “isFBCampaignActive” in f.toiplus_site_settings && “isGoogleCampaignActive” in f.toiplus_site_settings;
var isPrimeUser = window.isPrime;
if (isConfigAvailable && !isPrimeUser) {
loadGtagEvents(f.toiplus_site_settings.isGoogleCampaignActive);
loadFBEvents(f.toiplus_site_settings.isFBCampaignActive);
loadSurvicateJs(f.toiplus_site_settings.allowedSurvicateSections);
} else {
var JarvisUrl=”https://vsp1jarvispvt.indiatimes.com/v1/feeds/toi_plus/site_settings/643526e21443833f0c454615?db_env=published”;
window.getFromClient(JarvisUrl, function(config){
if (config) {
loadGtagEvents(config?.isGoogleCampaignActive);
loadFBEvents(config?.isFBCampaignActive);
loadSurvicateJs(config?.allowedSurvicateSections);
}
})
}
};
})(
window,
document,
‘script’,
);



Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments